Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
Note: This update was re-released on May 19th to fix an issue with web rendering performance on Windows 7 and Windows 7 compatibility modes.
- Fix a possible crash for users with around 25,000 or more games
- Fix a hitch for users with large libraries after clicking past the first page of the install wizard.
- Fixed current step status being truncated in the Library while installing a game
- Fixed a bug with not restoring missing symlinks when verifying integrity of game files
- Achievements that track progress will now display progress in their hovers on the game details page
- Added options for joystick deadzones sources. Modes can now use no deadzone, the deadzone from the controller’s calibration, or a custom deadzone. Joystick modes bound to joystick outputs will default to have no deadzone.
- Increased responsiveness of Action Set and Action Set Layer changes bound to button presses
- Fixed an issue where radial menus could send the previously highlighted item when clicking before the radial menu is fully on-screen
- Fixed some cases where games rapidly turning on and off rumble could cause hitches for Switch Controllers.
- Remote Play
- Fixed error launching the streaming client on some Windows systems
- Fixed potential streaming client crash when starting the stream
- Use VA-API 0.2 on Linux for optional hardware decode functionality, depends on up to date 32-bit libva packages for your distribution
- Fix mouse input sometimes failing to work in browser window iframes.
- Offer better diagnostics when Steam Play tools cannot be removed due to dependencies. Improve overall robustness.
- Updated fossilize layer to be compatible with recent Proton Experimental
Previous release notes:
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Fix a bug causing P2P networking to not work for some games
- Fix steam:// URLs not being opened by Steam on startup
- Fixed steam:// URL events not being sent to currently running Steam client if sent from a different Steam instance
- Fixed settings dialog prompting to restart after applying when settings have not changed
- Added support for the PowerA Xbox One Series X Wired Controller
- Fix bug in event sharing in Steam China.
- Fixed performance regression when decoding video on Windows